Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Writing Group

Many people have asked me if I'm going to have a writing group, or a group of people that read my manuscripts ahead of time and offer their input.  I've struggled with this because I am very much a person that likes to bounce ideas off others and find out what their opinions are.  I'm not sure how that will affect credit and I sure don't want to end up in a position where someone is suing me because I used their idea or opinion.

What thoughts do you have on writing groups?  Are they helpful?  Do they worry you?

2 comments:

  1. Here is a great article on writing groups from one of my very favorite authors. You might find it interesting.

    http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net/?page_id=84

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this article, thank you for posting it. That is exactly what I envisioned a writing group to be like and this makes me think I should definitely find one. :)

    ReplyDelete