Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Dream Sequences

I've been playing around with dream sequences for my new project, True Love's Revenge.  I love the idea of using these dreams as a way for Flynn to communicate with Libby.  (Flynn is Drake, changed the name.)  I was writing the sequences as I was writing the book, but I'm finding it hard to switch back and forth.  I finally took all the sequences out of the story and put them in another document.  My plan is to work on either the sequences or the story, not both at the same time.

Has anyone else tried this?  How did it work for you?

2 comments:

  1. The only time I've ever really used dreams in a story it was sort of a psychic connection thing between two people, one of whom was in a coma at the time. Kinda hard to explain. I'll let you read it sometime. When I wrote it, though, I wrote it in line with the rest of the story. I can't write things out of sequence like you're describing. It throws me off. Not that I'm ever "on", though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stuff is always fun to read. Send it along anytime!

    I don't know why I'm having trouble with it. I think it might be because when I'm in the zone on one, I don't want to stop and switch gears for the other. Must be a defect in my brain... ;)

    ReplyDelete